The Future Of Biking Is Electric

Don't know where to start?

Explore our most popular learning topics. 

which ebike to choose

Need Help With Your E-Bike?


Keep up with the latest tips and guides for electric biking and never miss out on any of the hot deals!

June 8

Read More

January 30

Read More

January 21

Read More

November 6

Read More

November 2

Read More

October 3

Read More

 Top E-Bike Brands


See our reviews for the best e-bike brands on the market, and get detailed information about features like power, battery life, and range. Our experts will help you make an informed decision when it comes to buying your first or next electric bike.


Latest E-Bike Reviews


Looking for a commuter or road bike, why not go electric!

Freedare Saiga Fat Tire E-bike Review
Mooncool MC3 Review – New for 2024

Our Top E-Bike Resources


Pros and cons of owning an E-bike

If you're still on the fence about owning an electric bicycle, then this is the guide for you. We created an honest guide detailing the disadvantages and advantages of owning an electric bike, as compared to a normal bike. 

We also give a brief introduction to how this e-biking craze started, dating back to the 1990's!


How does an electric bike work?

No, it's not a wizard cycle, the only magic here is the incredible advances over last 20 years in battery and motor technology. This has allowed electric bikes to become light and powerful enough to be practically feasible.

In this guide we take you through the detailed inner workings of the electric bike. 


How to fit an E-bike Conversion Kit

You do not have to buy an entirely new electric bike when you can simply fit a conversion kit. With these kits, all you need is your old, mechanical bike, some knowledge (which we provide in this guide) and some basic tools.

We explain exactly how to fit a mid, rear or front drive electric bike conversion kit.



Our Review Process


Here's our three step process for how we calculate each E-bike's score. You can read an in-depth breakdown of our review process here.

clipart biking
Expert Review

Our score is calculated based on our review and the reviews of experts and users online. Component quality, ride comfort, and value for money are all considered in our scoring.

80/20 Rule

To be more precise, 80% of the score is based on our review, and the rest (20%) is based on expert and user reviews. Here's a cool infographic that summarizes the process.

Fair Scoring

We filter user reviews for fairness. It unitizes a whole bunch of technologies such as IP restrictions, AI integrations that detect certain patterns, as well as scripts to detect spammy reviews.

Here is our awesome team


Ruaan Nelson Author

Ruaan is an electrical engineer born in South Africa and currently working in Oslo, Norway. He loves tech and gadgets and owns an electric car (Tesla) as well a front-wheel-drive electric bike. He rides his bike all year, even through snow and ice covered roads in the cold winter.

Ruaan Nelson

Website Owner

Daria Vitel author

Daria was born and raised in the Ukraine, studied in Barcelona (where she discovered her passion for e-biking), and currently living in Barcelona. Her main passion is cycling, that's why she is always looking for an amazing new e-bike to make her journey even more unforgettable! 

Daria Vitel

Writer, Digital MArketer

Dejan

Dejan is a tech enthusiast and a big bike lover. Since college days when he was constantly on the move, everything was done with one thing in mind - get an e-bike. Now with the dream finally realized, he's reviewing e-bikes and providing advice to all fellow e-bikers out there.

Dejan Kvrgic

Writer, Chief Editor

For more about authors and our contributor team, read about us page.

Electric-Biking.com

About Electric-Biking

Ever since our inception, we’ve been striving to become the best free learning resource on all things e-biking-related. Our main mission is to help e-bikers both new and old, make the best purchasing decisions and keep their e-bike in top shape.

Each and every one of our team members is fully committed to providing the e-biking community with high-value long-form reviews, guides, and step-by-step tutorials on all kinds of e-cycling-related topics.

Privacy Policy

Electric-Biking protects the integrity and anonymity of user data and only collects data information that is opted into via email signups, purchases and personal contact. We do not share your personal identifiable information with any third party businesses.


FEATURED ON

BBC
The_Guardian_2023